Tuesday 28 February 2012

Place Settings

Had a wonderful weekend with the girlies and hashed out some decent wedding ideas with my bridesmaid.  We swiftly came to the conclusion that we can make a lot of wedding items ourselves - not necessarily to avoid the cost but because it gives a more personal and involved feel.  I don't want a lot of meaningless stuff hanging about on tables.  Is it really that special if it's been mass produced and pulled out of a box by a press-ganged waiter two hours before the ceremony?

I was tempted to let Anna make my mother's wedding hat but decided my Mum probably wouldn't appreciate it when words like "flamingo" and "velociraptor" started cropping up as decoration ideas.  Although, to her credit, Lisa did go away and come back with an excellent Dinosaur Origami book...

One of the ideas I'm most pleased with is the idea of personally painted Kokeshi dolls as place settings.  It also doubles as a personalised gift for guests to take away as a wedding keepsake:


And yes, I fully intend for the cast of Star Trek to make an appearance in doll form...

1 comment: